Monday, March 5, 2012

Pear #1 - final

We woke up this morning and it was snowing!  The weatherman was calling for possible flurries, so we paid no heed; but the storm front changed its course and we got four inches of fluffy beautiful snow!  The most we've had all winter.  Peter and I took a walk this morning with Ginger, who loves to roll around in fresh snow, even at her advanced age.  The neighborhood was so quiet and transformed -- it was magical!  Sometimes God gives us an unanticipated and undeserved Beautiful Thing and we better just stop and appreciate it when that happens!

So after that inspiration, I sat down for a luxuriously long painting session.  I am working this painting right to left, on account of me being left-handed.  And I'm treating each pear as its own little portrait, rather than working on all three simultaneously.  We'll see if that works.  At the end I might need to do a unifying wash over all three to make them relate to one another.  We'll just wait and see what happens.  So here is pear #1, almost completely finished:


I will have to do a titch more work on the edges, but this I can't do until the paper is bone dry. Which means tomorrow. So I'll sign off for now . . . Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. I love it! I want to buy it!! Did you get my last message? Let me know....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Dorene! Yipee! Yes, I did get your earlier comment and I replied via email -- sorry I am still getting the hang of this social networking stuff. Let's talk :)

      Delete