Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Gratitude

I would just like to say a word about gratitude.  I began this day knowing I had a lot on my plate, knowing I didn't get to the drawing table yesterday or the day before, worrying that this little project of mine would crash and burn just a week after its launch.  But then a wonderful thing happened, like a wave of warmth washing over me:  Gratitude.  I am such a fortunate, well-loved human being I can hardly believe it!  The reason I am days behind in my responsibilities and projects is because family and friends took time from their busy lives to celebrate my birthday.  They came from far and near.  Some stayed for days.  I got whole chunks of practically uninterrupted time with my children, my husband, my special friends and relations.  I am not worried about things left undone.  I am not fearful this project will fold.  There is a time and a place for everything!  And this past week has been the time to connect, to celebrate, to live.  Tomorrow I'll start fresh, just like the sun-washed morning after a spring rain, all sweet-smelling and full of promise.  How wonderful to be truly alive!  That is gratitude.

No comments:

Post a Comment