Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Azalea -- final drawing

Finally I finished it!  As time drags on in a lengthy drawing, I sometimes wonder why bother?  Why do I spend so much time trying to capture the likeness of something that is so perfect and so beautiful?  My version of it won't come anything close to God's version!  Well I wouldn't get very far if I let this thought stick around for very long.  All I have to do is look at the spent specimen when I'm done and I realize my drawing is an homage, an offering of sorts.  Gratitude that this little blossom graced the earth for a few days and made a beautiful spot of color in the landscape.  It is gone now, preserved only in memory.  And in my small drawing.  Is it enough to hold us over until next spring when the azaleas bloom again?



No comments:

Post a Comment