Monday, May 9, 2011

You are invited...

to come see my garden!  These pictures don't begin to do justice (probably because I took them at about 8:00 p.m.!).  We are having a fabulous spring in the garden, thanks to the good Lord sending plenty of rain and cool days.  We are now in The Pinks.  Spring in my garden always begins with the yellows of the daffodils and forsythia and witch hazel; then moves on to the psychedelic phase, which I've mentioned before and is blessedly brief; and then we get to The Pinks.  Pink peonies, pink roses, pink rhododendron and late azaleas.  All fragrant and feminine.  My favorite time of spring! 

I know I should be in my studio, hunched over my drawing table in hushed concentration, but with this heady, glorious, heavenly Symphony in Pink happening outside, how can I keep indoors?  Soon it will be over, and I'll begin the annual battle with the Japanese beetles and the voles and the slugs and the deer.  But right this minute, it is sublime.  If you're so inclined, do stop by and take a look this week.  Seriously!  And I'll leave the clippers on the back porch, in case you want to snip some peonies to take home . . . A bounty like this should be shared!



No comments:

Post a Comment