Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Quercus alba 'Autumn'

Now that I've finished my oak leaf painting, it is time for the administrivia . . . How and where shall I sign it?  Should I inscribe it with the latin name?  When I frame it, should it be matted in the usual way, or should I mount it on top of the mat board, to show the deckled edge of the paper?  So many little decisions to make!  And to further complicate matters, this painting is the last of three in a series, as I mentioned way back at the beginning.  I already completed 'Autumn' and 'Winter' several years ago.  So I think I'm going to frame them all together, in one big wide frame.  I think this will be effective, but it has ramifications as to how I sign each one.  (It might be tedious to see Quercus alba three times in a row, or not?) It is times like this when it would be helpful to have a teacher looking over my shoulder!  So while I'm noodling over all the many possibilities, I'll show you how 'Autumn' turned out:

No comments:

Post a Comment