Monday, February 6, 2012

Drawing a sycamore leaf - 4

Ahhhhh .  .  .  now it is starting to look like a leaf.  I love this part!  It's like painting a mural standing a foot from the wall and finally stepping back to see that - ah yes - it does look like what it is supposed to look like!  What a relief!



Still lots of work to do, however.  I will now go back in and get all the veining detail as well as those spotty freckles.  And I'll try to get that leaf to sit on the page, rather than float above it, as it is doing now.  Also, there's more work to do on the deeper shaddows. 

(Oh, while I'm thinking of it, take a look at my mechanical pencil.  It is a Staedtler 980 drafting pencil -- very cool.  It has a good weight to it, and you can advance as much lead as you like.  The sharpener works the lead to a precision point.  I love it.)  

No comments:

Post a Comment