Tuesday, November 8, 2011

One Leaf a Day Challenge - #8


Well I am barely making it under the wire here with this one.  Let's just say it took WAY longer than I thought.  Sometimes I get going in the wrong direction with a painting and then I have to backtrack and try again.  Or sometimes I just can't get my brushes to cooperate.  Or the paper is too dry or too wet.  I know I have a nice image and I know I can do it; I just have to keep going and pray that the tide will turn eventually and a beautiful thing will start to emerge.  In this case, I was using too much Indian Red, which was browning out the wonderful colors.  But I think I salvaged it.  What do you think?

2 comments:

  1. Absolutely beautiful!! I've tried growing these trees...never with any success. Perhaps they were too close to those blasted Black Walnuts. Your painting inspires me to try again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you like this one. It hardly does justice to the real leaf. Do try to grow another Japanese maple! It needs a location where it can really take the spotlight. On a pretty fall day, our tree literally glows in the afternoon sun. Breathtaking!

    ReplyDelete