Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Flame Azalea - 11

Today I am thinking about creativity.  The act of creating.  From this:



To this:

 
I go along day by day describing to you the technical details of how I paint a picture, inching along step by slow step.  First this, then that.  But also realize what is happening at the tip of my paintbrush.  Blobs of paint are doused with water, swished around and mixed with other colors, and put to use on a piece of paper.  A formless puddle of paint becomes the petal of a blossom, the nub of a new leaf shoot.  Telling the story of the life of this little shrub in my front yard.  Not to overdramatize things, but I like to pause every now and then, and think about the 'what' instead of the  'how'.  Touch base with my right brain.  Remind myself of the wonder of it all.  There is a color palette for every living thing, really.  What are you painting today with the palette that is you?

No comments:

Post a Comment