Thursday, October 11, 2012

Flame Azalea ballet


I am going to stop counting painting days in my blog post titles.  After a while, it gets to be a sore reminder.  I can hear you saying, She's still working on that thing?  Again with the flame azalea?!  Hasn't she about got that done already?  Really, your patience is remarkable! 

Fear not.  I am getting somewhere!  I'm well in to the second flower cluster.  This one is at the bud stage, nearly about to burst open.  I love how the buds all spring up together from the center of the cluster, all facing up and in, like birdies in the nest.  In real life, suddenly and soon they would open and fan outward, like the cluster in the foreground.  If I could have captured this with slow motion photography, it would look like a gracefully choreographed ballet.

I am not going to take the detail too much further with this cluster right now.  I have explained before about utilizing an "atmospheric fade" to accentuate the depth of field.  I want to preserve the possibility of using an atmospheric fade until I've painted every element of the composition.  Then I can figure out the right thing to do. 

Onward!

No comments:

Post a Comment