Thursday, October 18, 2012

Painting Distraction


 

Making progress, for sure, but I'm having trouble concentrating due to the color change riot happening outside my studio window:
 

I'm sorry, the Winter Wonderland thing is totally over-rated.  THIS is worth staring at for an undisclosed length of time.  I mean really, you can see the wind, or the effect of it anyway.  You can see thousands of individual leaves.  If you sit and stare long enough, and I'm not necessarily advocating this, you can see the colors shift right before your very eyes.  This view is yellower than it was this morning.  There's more brown, too.  There's more orange, pink and red.  I see more branches.  And it's an overcast day.  You should see it when the sun is shining!

Ah well, back to painting.  I think I am entering the final stretch, thankfully.  Just this last cluster to go, and then more work on some of the fine detail and shaddows.  Plus the branch needs to come to life, perhaps with the addition of a warm brown.  The end is in sight!

Onward!

No comments:

Post a Comment