Monday, February 25, 2013

Flame Azalea - Final

Wow, that is a statement... "Flame Azalea - Final".  After nine months of very intermittent work, I finished.  Whew!  Of course, I could fiddle with this forever but at some point you have to just declare victory and move on.  A teacher once gave good advice, that once you sign the piece, it is really done.  No more tweaking.  No more adjustments.  Just done.  I try to follow this rule and so as you can see, I have not yet signed this piece.  I like to give it a chance to dry overnight and make sure the colors don't shift dramatically.  Especially with the long tiny stamen. So tomorrow I'll give  myself just one more opportunity to go at it with the 000 brush if need be.

For now, I'm happy to step back and share it with you.  What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment